Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wherever you go, there you are.

I officially start class this morning at 12:30pm, which is hardly morning (but I'm not complaining). Although most of the kids from CEA are studying mainly at the CEA global campus-- a tiny building where only Americans study-- I'm in a program at UPF with kids from CEA, other American and European study abroad programs, and Spanish students. This is cool because I have the opportunity to meet a lot more people, if I so choose.

My roommate Matt and I have spent some time walking around the city, trying to get to know it a little better. This place is big. REAL big. Here are some adventure pictures:
Two ubiquitous modes of transportation- the metro and Bicing. The latter is a company from Barcelona that rents bikes to residents. You can pick up a bike at any rack and ride until until you feel like getting off (there are racks everywhere). Then you can grab a new one for the ride home.
I'm not gonna lie. I have no idea what this statue is. It was right outside of our hotel in Plaza Espanya, but I never found out why it's significant.
A sign reprimanding public urinators. Apparently this is a real issue. Maybe it's all the day drinking...

The building that housed the World's Fair and the view looking back toward the city.
Roommate shot.


I'm headed to Mallorca tonight to go deep water soloing for the weekend. I'll post any pics I can get next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment